Before you begin: To uninstall Java, you must have Administrator privileges and execute the remove command.
To uninstall Java from a Mac, you will remove one directory and one file, as follows:
1. Click on the Finder icon located in your dock
2. Click on the Utilities folder
3. Double-click on the Terminal icon
4. In the Terminal window Copy and Paste the following command:
sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
5. Press enter. You may be prompted to enter your computer password before continuing.
6. Next, Copy and Paste the command below and press enter:
sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefpane
Note: Do not attempt to uninstall Java by removing the Java tools from /usr/bin. This directory is part of the system software and any changes will be reset by Apple the next time you perform an update of the OS.
Install latest version of Java
7. Java can be downloaded and installed, free of charge, from the Java website, http://java.com.
Now that you have the latest version of Java, you will then need to sign-in to the Voyant website and click “Download Voyant Adviser” to launch and install. Complete instructions on installing can be found here.
8. Which website you visit to reinstall the software will depend on which version of Voyant you intend to use.
Canada - canada.planwithvoyant.com
Ireland - www.planwithvoyant.ie
United Kingdom - www.planwithvoyant.co.uk
United States - www.planwithvoyant.com
9. Click the Download Voyant Adviser button (formerly "Plan Now") to install the software. Alternatively, click the Plan link in the top navigation.