Before you begin, it is important to understand that when you generate a report the output produced will always be for the plan you are viewing at the time.
For example, if you are viewing a client's Base Plan when you generate a report, that report will be for the Base Plan. If you are viewing a scenario called "Retire Early", the report will contain information from that scenario.
The plan you are currently viewing will be displayed top-left and can be changed, if necessary, using this drop-down list of plans, before generating the reports you want to output.
1. To include information about protection policies in a report, go to the Reports screen. A list of available reports is shown to the left.
Protection policies are shown in the Plan Overview report.
They are not an asset so they are not included in the Family Balance Sheet or the assets charts.
Any payouts from these policies will be shown in the Cash Flow and, ultimately, in the assets charts when the funds are swept into the owner's default cash account or some other investment, if not used to meet expenses.
Payouts from protection policies, if applicable, will be detailed on the Estate and Inheritance and Immediate Estate and Inheritance reports.
Premiums are tracked with Expenses, but that report is general and rolls premium payments under the Basics expense category.
2. Select the reports you want to include and either drag them left to right or alternatively, use the arrow buttons to move your selections from left to right.
The selected reports will be output in the order shown under Selected Reports. Reports can be reordered, if desired, by selecting and dragging them up or down the list or by using the up / down arrows to the right.
3. Select the file formats in which you want the reports to be written: Word, PDF, or both. As an image, the timeline will not output to Excel.
4. Open Report File - If you are outputting the report in multiple formats, select the file format that is to be displayed automatically once the report is generated.
5. Open Report Output Folder - If you are outputting the report in multiple formats, consider clicking Yes to automatically open the report directory to access these additional files.
6. Click Generate to create the reports.
The report will generate and display in the selected format.
If you also set Open Report Output Folder to Yes, the output directory containing the report and its related files will also display.
Required software for viewing reports
Error generating reports "could not initialise class no.geosoft.cc.io browser" (Mac OSX)