Before you begin, it is important to understand that when you generate a report the output produced will always be for the plan you are viewing at the time.
For example, if you are viewing a client's Base Plan when you generate a report, that report will be for the Base Plan. If you are viewing a scenario called "Retire Early", the report will contain information from that scenario.
The plan you are currently viewing will be displayed top-left and can be changed, if necessary, using this drop-down list of plans, before generating the reports you want to output.
1. To include information about pensions in a report, go to the Reports screen. A list of available reports is shown to the left.
Information on pensions is included in the Plan Overview report, Pensions section (initial values only) and their initial values are shown in the Family Balance Sheet.
More importantly, pensions are tracked individually in the Account Details report, where the running balance and contributions will be tracked.
Pensions are also tracked by category in the three different assets charts, assets by tax type, assets detailed and liquid assets (simple and detailed).
Payouts from the pension will, of course, be shown in the Cash Flow charts and any lump sum payouts or transfers of pensions at owner mortality will be shown in the Estate and Inheritance and Immediate Estate and Inheritance reports.
2. Select the reports you want to include and either drag them left to right or alternatively, use the arrow buttons to move your selections from left to right.
The selected reports will be output in the order shown under Selected Reports. Reports can be reordered, if desired, by selecting and dragging them up or down the list or by using the up / down arrows to the right.
3. Select the file formats in which you want the reports to be written: Word, PDF, or both. As an image, the timeline will not output to Excel.
4. Open Report File - If you are outputting the report in multiple formats, select the file format that is to be displayed automatically once the report is generated.
5. Open Report Output Folder - If you are outputting the report in multiple formats, consider clicking Yes to automatically open the report directory to access these additional files.
6. Click Generate to create the reports.
The report will generate and display in the selected format.
If you also set Open Report Output Folder to Yes, the output directory containing the report and its related files will also display.