Issue: I received an "unable to launch application" Java error after clicking he desktop link to launch Voyant (or the link in the Windows Start menu > All Programs).
Possible Cause: The error is most likely due to a problem with your computer's cache of the software. Voyant uses Java Web Start to store (cache) the application locally and to send software updates to your computer automatically, as they become available.
Also, be sure never to re-title/rename the desktop link. Doing so can also interfere with the caching of software updates.
1. First, visit the Voyant website and log in using your your user name and password.
Which website you visit will depend on which version of Voyant you use.
- Voyant Adviser (US): Open your browser and go to http://www.planwithvoyant.com
- Voyant Adviser (UK): http://www.planwithvoyant.co.uk
- Voyant Adviser (UK for AXA Elevate): http://elevate.planwithvoyant.co.uk, click Adviser, and sign in using your Elevate platform user name and password.
- Voyant Adviser (Ireland): http://www.planwithvoyant.ie
2. Click Plan Now or the Plan link at the top of the page. Clicking this button will reinstall (recache) the software.
You will know that the installation is proceeding when a Java window pops up momentarily followed by a Voyant download window, showing the progress of the download.
3. Allow the software to reinstall. This will refresh your installation of the software on your computer. Everything else, client files, settings, will remain untouched.
Nothing seems to happen when I click Plan Now?
Be sure to check your browser for the usual raft of security prompts that may appear. Also, in some browsers the downloaded software will appear in a tray at the bottom of the window or may pop-into a download folder (top-right) that must be opened and, in either case, the downloaded Voyant.jnlp file clicked to be reinstalled. Read more >>