If you are having problems launching Voyant from the desktop shortcut on a Mac, first visit the Voyant website and try reinstalling the software.
If you are receiving an "Unable to launch application" error when attempting to launching Voyant, please see the following topic. Read more >>
Step 1: Do you have Java installed?
1. As a first step, visit the Java website http://java.com and click "Do I have Java".
A check will be performed to determine whether the latest version of Java is installed on the computer.
2. If not, we recommend that you install it. Once installed, try running the software again following the steps above in solution 1 - sign into Voyant and click Plan Now.
Step 2: Try reinstalling Voyant.
As a first step, simply visit the Voyant website and log in using your usual password. Which website you visit will depend on which version of Voyant you use. Be sure to visit the correct Voyant website
- Voyant Adviser (US): http://www.planwithvoyant.com
- Voyant Adviser (UK): http://www.planwithvoyant.co.uk
- Voyant Adviser (UK for AXA Elevate): http://elevate.planwithvoyant.co.uk, click Adviser and sign in using your Elevate platform user name and password.
- Voyant Adviser (Ireland): http://www.planwithvoyant.ie
2. Once in, click Plan Now. Clicking this button will reinstall (recache) the software.
Note: Be sure to check your browser for the usual raft of security prompts that may appear. Also, in some browsers the downloaded software will appear in a tray at the bottom of the window or may pop-into a download folder (top-right) that must be opened and, in either case, the dowmloaded Voyant.jnlp file clicked to be reinstalled.
3. Allow the software to reinstall. This will refresh your installation of the software on your computer. Everything else, client files, settings, will remain untouched.
Step 3: Try launching Voyant directly from Java.
1. Click on the Apple in the upper left and select System Preferences.
2. Under System Preferences, there is a link to the Java Control Panel. Click this link.
3. Once the Control Panel opens, click on the View button under Temporary Internet Files.
4. This brings up a list of all of the APPS installed.
5. One of these should be Voyant. Double click the Voyant APP and it should open.
Step 4: These solutions do not resolve the problem. Where do I go from here?
If Voyant simply will not launch after trying the first two options, contact Voyant Support email@example.com for further assistance.