Default Permissions – The Adviser or Paraplanner Role
New user accounts will be granted the adviser or paraplanner role, depending on the type of license he or she was invited to use.
Either role will give your colleague the ability to create and edit his or her own client files. Your colleague will not have access to read or edit any of the client files owned by you or any other users in the subscription. You may, however, change these permissions or grant your colleague access to all of the client files within the subscription, sharing files in common.
You have two options for granting a colleague access to client files in addition to the ones that he or she personally creates.
Option 1 - Grant your colleague "All Client Access", access to all of the client cases in your subscription;
Option 2 - Share client files individually with your colleague.
Option 1 - Grant your colleague "All Client Access", access to all of the client cases in your subscription
To grant your colleague full access to all of the client files within the subscription.
1. Sign into our website. Which website you go to depends on which version of Voyant you use.
- Voyant Adviser (US) http://www.planwithvoyant.com
- Voyant Adviser (UK) http://www.planwithvoyant.co.uk.
- Voyant Adviser (UK for AXA Elevate) http://elevate.planwithvoyant.co.uk, click Adviser, and sign in using your Elevate platform user name and password.
- Voyant Adviser (Ireland) http://www.planwithvoyant.ie.
2. Click My Subscription.
3. Click View Users in Subscription.
4. Click the Full Name of the new user.
5. An overview of the user's profile will display. Click Edit Profile.
Beneath the user profile will be a list of current roles granted to the user account. Leave the User and Adviser (or Paraplanner) roles selected if your colleague is to use the Voyant software.
Note: Descriptions of these roles can be found in the lower section of the screen.
6. Also tick the All Client Access in Subscription role. This role will allow the user to have full read and edit access, in common, to all of the client files within your subscription.
7. Click the Submit button to save this update.
Upon logging into the software, all the client files within the subscription can be viewed and accessed from the All Clients tab of the Open Client Record dialogue.
The My Clients tab will display the client files owned the user's personal user account.
Although you may have all client access, this does not mean you will also have access to all of these client cases if working temporarily offline, in offline mode. If an asterisk is shown next to the client name, you could access it offline, provided you have offline mode set up on the computer.
For more information, see: How to grant colleagues (or yourself) offline access to your client records
Option 2 - Share client files individually with your colleague
Firms can also have their Voyant subscriptions configured to allow for client files to be shared on a discretionary basis, by invitation only.
1. To invite a colleague to share an individual client file, first open Voyant Adviser software. Click your desktop link to the software. If you are already working in the software, click the Client: Open button, top-left.
Note: The following steps are performed in the Voyant Adviser software, not on the Voyant website.
2. The Open Client Record dialogue will display. Select the client record you want to share. Click the Share button.
3. Enter your colleague’s first name, last name, or e-mail address and click Search.
4. Select the level of permissions that will be granted to your colleague:
- Full Control - Full access to read, edit, and importantly, even share the file with others in your firm.
- Write - View and edit the client file.
- Read – Read-only access to the client file.
5. Click the plus (+) button to add this person to the list of those sharing the client file shown at the top of the dialogue.
6. Click OK to save the change.
Note: By giving your colleague any one of these three sharing roles, you also grant them the ability to access the client case offline, should they ever need to work with the case, at least temporarily, in a location where an internet connection is unavailable. You can easily tell which client files could be accessed by your user account when working offline. Simply log into Voyant using your user account and check the All Clients tab of the Open Client Record dialogue.
If an asterisk is shown next to the client name, you could access it offline, provided you have offline mode set up on the computer.
More information on configuring and using Voyant in offline mode can be found in the following user’s guide to offline mode.