Trusteer Rapport blocks Voyant from launching
Issue: I go to launch Voyant by clicking the desktop shortcut. Voyant begins to launch and the splash screen, like the one shown below, appears but nothing else happens. The software does not open.
Cause: At time of writing, several Voyant users who also run Trusteer Rapport have reported that Voyant is being blocked from launching. It appears that a recent update of this software may be blocking Voyant from launching. Disabling or uninstalling Trusteer Rapport resolves the issue and Voyant can then be launched.
Trusteer Rapport is security software advertised as an additional layer of security to anti-virus software. It is designed to protect confidential data, such as account credentials, from being stolen by malicious software (malware) and via phishing. Several banking institutions have recommended that their customers run this software to protect their confidential information.
Solution: Either temporarily stop Trusteer Rapport before launching Voyant or uninstall it.
How do I know Trusteer Rapport is running?
The Trusteer Rapport system tray icon () appears whenever Trusteer Rapport is running. The icon indicates that Trusteer Rapport's browser-independent protections are working. This includes malware prevention, scanning, and removal. If the icon does not appear, Trusteer Rapport is not running.
How to temporarily stop Trusteer Rapport
Stopping Rapport shuts down Trusteer Rapport functionality quickly and easily without uninstalling. You can stop Rapport to find out if Trusteer Rapport is the cause of a problem you are experiencing. When you want to run Trusteer Rapport again, you simply start Rapport with no need to reinstall.
If you have a problem and you suspect that Trusteer Rapport might be the cause, try stopping Rapport. If the problem remains after Trusteer Rapport is stopped, Trusteer Rapport is unlikely to be the cause of the problem. If the problem disappears when you stop Rapport, Trusteer Rapport is likely to be at least a partial cause of the problem.
If Trusteer Rapport was installed from an Administrator Windows account, you can only stop Trusteer Rapport if you are logged into an Administrator account.
To stop Trusteer Rapport:
- Save your work and close all open windows.
Note: Do not stop Trusteer Rapport when the browser is open. Stopping Trusteer Rapport when the browser is open can cause a crash.
- From the Windows Start menu, select Programs > Trusteer Rapport > Stop Rapport. A security confirmation message appears. The message displays an image of some characters for you to type. This is done to prevent malware from disabling Trusteer Rapport.
- Enter the characters you see in the image.
- Click Shutdown. The following message appears while Trusteer Rapport shuts down: "Please wait while Rapport shuts down." When the message disappears, Trusteer Rapport has stopped running. You can verify that Trusteer Rapport is no longer running by opening your browser and checking that the Trusteer Rapport icon no longer appears at the right of the address bar.
- With Trusteer Rapport disabled, now try to launch Voyant from the desktop shortcut.
To later restart Trusteer Rapport, select Programs > Trusteer Endpoint Protection > Start Trusteer Endpoint Protection.