The timeline, as it is presented on the Time screen, can be output into printable reports in Word or the Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
Before you begin, it is important to understand that when you generate a report the output produced will always be for the plan you are viewing at the time.
For example, if you are viewing a client's Base Plan when you generate a report, that report will be for the Base Plan. If you are viewing a scenario called "Retire Early", the report will contain information from that scenario.
The plan you are currently viewing will be displayed top-left and can be changed, if necessary, using this drop-down list of plans, before generating the reports you want to output.
1. To include the timeline in a report, go to the Reports screen. A list of available reports is shown to the left.
Two of these reports include the timeline:
Personal Data - Identifies the people in the plan and presents a compact view of the timeline similar to to the manner in which it is displayed on the Time screen.
Timeline - Full Page - Offers a full page view of the timeline similar to the one presented by clicking the Full Screen button on the Time screen.
2. Select the reports you want to include and either drag them left to right or alternatively, use the arrow buttons to move your selections from left to right.
The selected reports will be output in the order shown under Selected Reports. Reports can be reordered, if desired, by selecting and dragging them up or down the list or by using the up / down arrows to the right.
3. Select the file formats in which you want the reports to be written: Word, PDF, or both. As an image, the timeline will not output to Excel.
4. Open Report File - If you are outputting the report in multiple formats, select the file format that is to be displayed automatically once the report is generated.
5. Open Report Output Folder - If you are outputting the report in multiple formats, consider clicking Yes to automatically open the report directory to access these additional files.
6. Click Generate to create the reports.
The report will generate and display in the selected format.
If you also set Open Report Output Folder to Yes, the output directory containing the report and its related files will also display.