Before you begin, it is important to understand that when you generate a report the output produced will always be for the plan you are viewing at the time.
For example, if you are viewing a client's Base Plan when you generate a report, that report will be for the Base Plan. If you are viewing a scenario called "Retire Early", the report will contain information from that scenario.
The plan you are currently viewing will be displayed top-left and can be changed, if necessary, using this drop-down list of plans, before generating the reports you want to output.
1. To produce a report, go to the Reports & Notes screen.
A list of available reports appears to the left of the screen.
2. Select the reports you want to include and move them to the Selected Reports section. This can be done either by dragging them left to right or alternatively, use the arrow buttons to move your selections from left to right.
The selected reports will be output in the order shown under Selected Reports. Reports can be reordered, if desired, by selecting and dragging them up or down the list or by using the up / down arrows to the right.
Note: Blank pages can be inserted into the report using the + button to the right of the Selected Reports section.
3. Reporting Options - Select the file formats in which you want the reports to be written: Word, PDF, Excel or two or more of the options. Note that some reports will not output to Excel, particularly those containing images.
4. Open Report File - If you are outputting the report in multiple formats, select the file format that is to be displayed automatically once the report is generated.
5. Open Report Output Folder - If you are outputting the report in multiple formats, consider clicking Yes to automatically open the report directory to access these additional files.
6. Click Generate to create the reports.
The report will generate and display in the selected format.
If you also set Open Report Output Folder to Yes, the output directory containing the report and its related files will also display.