Investments in AIM-listed companies that qualify for Business Property IHT Relief (BPR) can be modelled by entering the shares using the investment Type “Unwrapped Investment”.
To enter AIM Shares:
1. Go to the Investments screen.
2. Select the investment Type “Unwrapped Investment”.
3. In the People panel, to the right side of the screen, select the owner of the AIM shares.
4. In the Balance field, enter the current value of the shares, if an existing investment.
5. In the Purchase Value field, enter the purchase value of the shares, if an existing investment.
6. In the Contribution field, enter the annual contribution amount, if future contributions are planned.
7. If required, set the contribution period in the Time panel to the right side of the screen. Select the panel's Events tab. Selecting a start event (green dot) to indicate when contributions should begin and an end event (red dot) to indicate when they should stop.
8. To designate the Investment as AIM-listed company shares, expand Advanced Settings and select Taxation.
9. Tick “Qualifies for IHT Relief” and specify the year qualifying, provided the Investment is one your client has owned from prior to the start of the plan. Enter the percentage of the account currently exempt from inheritance tax.
10. Click OK then Add/Update.
Please note that it is now possible to model an AIM using Investment Type "Stock Market ISA/Junior ISA". For further information click here.