If you used asset allocations in your original client record, created using the SJP branded version of the Voyant software, they may no longer be valid once you switch over to the standard version of Voyant, which uses a different set of market assumptions, asset classes etc.
If you get errors after opening a client record in the standard version of Voyant, the first thing that we suggest that you do is to open Preferences (the cog button top left) and in the plan's Plan Preferences, to the right side of the screen, expand Asset Allocation and set the default asset allocation for the case to one that works with the market assumptions in standard Voyant. To read more about the default asset allocation preference, click here. This may resolve all of the errors in the plan.
If there are still errors in the plan after you have updated the default Asset Allocation in Preferences, please see the following instructions on how to resolve them.
1. Click OK if you receive the following error:
2. A list of errors will appear along the bottom of the screen indicating the accounts that no longer have valid asset allocations.
3. These errors are clickable. Click the name of the Item (in the Item column), in the first error to visit the affected investment or pension.
Important Note: Do not click the X button next to the error unless you want to remove the item itself from the plan.
4. Expand Advanced Settings > Asset Allocation. You will find an incomplete model portfolio without a name, such as the example shown below:
5. Click the Edit button and the 'Edit Asset Allocation & Holdings' screen will display. In this screen either:
a. if you have not loaded any model portfolios into the standard version of Voyant, enter the relevant percentages in each asset class in the left hand panel to create a new model portfolio.
Once the total is 100%, click the 'Save/Create' button and the 'Save Asset Allocation' screen will display:
Enter a Name for the new portfolio, then click Save. Then Click OK. This model is now available in your library to select for other investments/pensions for this client and other clients.
b. If you already have model portfolios loaded into the standard version of Voyant, click the Load button and select an appropriate model portfolio from the library, avoiding any portfolios with red warning messages.
Click the Load button and then click OK.
6. The Asset Allocation screen will display showing the new model portfolio allocated to the investment/pension:
7. Click OK and then click Update to save the change.
8. The error relating to this investment/pension will disappear from the bottom of the screen.
9. Repeat the steps above for the other error messages.