This video gives a brief overview of how you might present Voyant in a client meeting.
Below we will provide additional information on one way to approach presenting Voyant to a client. Each adviser may want to customize their approach to meet the needs of their clients but we hope to give you a good starting point.
At the heart of Voyant lies Cashflow analysis.
What is Cashflow?
Quite simply, it is “monies in / monies out” – what money do they have coming in now and what are they spending now – and, most importantly, what do they EXPECT to have coming in compared to what we EXPECT to spend in the future?
The Cashflow chart in Voyant analyses current and projected future needs goals and aspirations and assesses the likelihood of being able to achieve them, year on year, throughout their lifetime(s).
Why is it so important?
Essentially, we believe that a visual projection of your client's financial future will help to inform and engage them in answering the three vital questions that matter most to the financial wellbeing of your client and their family:
- Will we be alright?
- Can we afford our desired lifestyle now and through our lifetimes? What can we do now and what might we need to do in the future to secure this?
- Build in goals such as can we afford to?
- Enjoy that special holiday
- Pay for our daughter’s wedding
- Retire a little earlier
- Move house when we retire
- Give some of our wealth away now or in the future
- What happens if?
- One of us dies unexpectedly
- One of us is ill and unable to work
- We need long term residential or nursing care sometime in the future
- Our investments perform better or worse than we expect
- We get an unexpected windfall
Cashflow analysis brings to life visually all of these issues and enables us to model different planning scenarios to address them.
Present the Financial Summary report which includes a snapshot of your client's current financial summary, whether they are on track to meet your financial goals, and what the impact might be of retiring early etc.