Introductory Learning Track
This learning track is a selection of topics for new users of Voyant AdviserGo, split by category. You can start at the top and work your way down the list or alternatively use these topics to fill gaps in your knowledge. Our most up to date US training videos can be found here.
Watch an overview of AdviserGo, then learn how to launch AdviserGo from our website or from within Voyant Adviser.
- Getting started with AdviserGo - Introductory (video)
- How do I log in to AdviserGo? Logging into AdviserGo
- Turn on inline help
- Managing your subscription (subscription owners only)
- Managing your account (all users)
Concepts, Assumptions and Settings
Take time to learn about the software's concepts and assumptions so that you can better understand the projections shown in the charts. Then learn how you can customize these settings, if required.
- View and manage plan settings
- Master list of Plan Settings
- What do the black and blue need lines in the cash flow chart represent?
- Expense Fulfillment and the Liquidation Order - In what order are expenses fulfilled and what funds are used to pay them?
- Is surplus income spent or saved?
Building a plan
I have a new client case, how do I start to create a client plan in AdviserGo? You can input data into AdviserGo manually, import data from one of our integration partners or you can invite your client to begin building their own plan using VoyantGo (click here to find out more about VoyantGo).
- How to create a new client plan:
- How to add data to a client plan:
- How to add items: How to add items to a client plan
- How do I add a spouse, partner or child? How to add a spouse, partner or child
- What are Events and how do I create them?
- What are Goals and how do I add them?
- How to add income to a plan
- How do I add a one-off inflow such as an inheritance to a plan?
- How do I add an expense to a plan? or watch Video
- How to add a property and link to a mortgage debt
- How to add a loan made by your client to a third party
- How to add a Step or watch Video
- How do I correct mistakes I’ve made? Editing items in your plan
If you want to work on a client plan which has already been set up either by yourself, a colleague or a client, the following article explains how to locate existing client plans in AdviserGo:
Once you have created the base plan (the client's current financial position), consider adding one or more what if plans to show the client the potential outcome of your planning/advice:
- How to add a what-if plan
- How to rename what-if plans
- How to delete what-if plans
- What If: Rightsize Property Video
Learn more about what Insights are and how they work. See a guide on each insight below:
- Annual Savings
- Investment Returns
- Retirement Spending
- Lump Sum Savings
- Life Needs
- Performance Slider
- Loss Capacity
- Market Crash
- Monte Carlo
Presentation in AdviserGo
Now you have created the client plan, learn more about how to view the results and how to present them to clients.
- View the results in the Let's See screen
- Present to your client:
AdviserGo is a powerful tool when used live in front of your client, however, you can also use it to produce written reports.
- How do I produce a report? How to generate a report
- Can I produce a report from AdviserGo in Word format? Converting PDF documents to Word
- What is the Financial Summary Report? Financial Summary Report
- Generating a report on behalf of another.
- Saving selected report sets.
Next steps / Looking for more
To continue your learning track, we have a dedicated AdviserGo section on our knowledge base with a range of help topics to peruse. This can be accessed from the Support menu on our website or by clicking here.
Some common topics you may find useful are:
- How do I set up a contribution into Savings or Investments from their employment income?
- How do I transfer funds between accounts? or Video
- What If Downsize or Rightsize a property Video
- How to schedule Planned Withdrawals
- How to update the start date of a plan
If you prefer videos, we have a series of AdviserGo tutorials that can be watched here.
You may also find our Quick Start Guide useful as a summary of the main features and functionality of AdviserGo.