To use the Voyant integration with Intelligent Office (IO), you must have active user accounts with both Voyant (as a subscriber or trialist) and Intelliflo. You must also first set up the integration via the Intelliflo app store.
Once the integration is all set up, log into Voyant and go to AdviserGo as this integration only works via AdviserGo (though anything you make/import in AdviserGo will be also in Adviser).
See this guide if you need instructions for how to log in to AdviserGo: Logging into AdviserGo
When in the AdviserGo home page (where your client list is) click Import client via the + button bottom right
Click IO in the available integrations
and once you've selected your permissions you will see a client search window
Option A - Create a new client record using information imported from Intelligent Office
To import clients that are in IO, but not yet in Voyant click Import Client in the Home screen and search for the client in the window.
You may see some errors when you first import the plan. This could be due to Voyant needing data that it did not find in Iress. Click on each error to resolve.
For example, for expenses you need to tell Voyant when they exist in the plan. In the expense, go to Timing and select a start and end event for that expense.
Option B - Update an existing client record with information imported from Intelligent Office
If you already have a client in Voyant that you wish to link to the integration to update information from IO follow the instructions below.
In the client record Dashboard view in Voyant click ‘Import’. The system will guide you through the linking process to identify matches between the existing Voyant plan data and the updated client data from Intelliflo.
Find this client in the search box and select Merge
NOTE: Selecting Overwrite will start your plan again from the beginning using the IO data pulled through and will not include any existing What If scenarios.
After clicking on Merge a list of Finances pulled from IO will be shown.
Select ‘Connect’ to link existing entries with IO entries and update these entries with updated values from IO.
To add in a new entry from IO, that isn’t currently in Voyant, select Add instead of Connect
In the Summary screen select which entry in Voyant you would like to connect the IO one to and it will connect and update the values for it:
In Dashboard view this symbol shows it is connected to IO
Check the data
For both Options A and B check all the data that has been pulled across via the Dashboard view in AdviserGo.
Click on each entry to see the details.
Checklist – Things to check following the import of a client fact find
Below is a quick list of things to check after you’ve imported a client case. Further details follow on how to address these potential issues.
1. After importing, check the top of the Dashboard screen in the software for error messages. These messages are links, which you can click to jump directly to the item in question and correct the problem. Be sure to read the error message. The descriptions in these messages are usually helpful.
Also click on each entry to check it is entered as you would like for your Voyant model and complete any missing data. Check particularly the Account Type, Amount, Owner and Timing as these are important building blocks in a Voyant plan.
2. Check the timing and ownership of expenses and confirm they are timed correctly and owned by the correct owner(s).
3. Double-check your client’s expenses for possible double-accounting. If your client is itemizing expenses, verify that they do not include taxes, premiums on protection policies, and debt payments. These expenses are created automatically by the software.
For example, if they included a debt such as a mortgage in their fact find, the software will automatically create for this debt a “debt payment” expense, which can be found on the Expenses > Basics screen of the software. Future premium payments are also scheduled automatically when you manually enter protection policies into Voyant. Taxes are calculated and charged annually by the software.
4. Check planned future contributions to savings, investments and pensions and set the timing of these contributions, if necessary. Also set any employer contributions to defined contribution pension schemes, if applicable.
5. If the plan includes properties that have related debts, such as mortgages, and incomes, such as rental income, link these debts and incomes to the related property.
6. Use Voyant to enter items that are not importable.
Updating the plan at Review
Once linked, update the Voyant client plan at any time by clicking the plus button and selecting “Update”.
Firstly, Update and Promote your plan in Voyant to change the Start date and archive last year’s plan.
After making any changes in IO you can update your plan in Voyant to incorporate these changes. In Dashboard view click on Update in the + button bottom right and it will walk you through an update wizard.
Finally, note that this integration works 1-way only at the moment, from IO into Voyant.