Introductory Learning Track
This learning track is a selection of topics for new users of Voyant AdviserGo, split by category. You can start at the top and work your way down the list or alternatively use these topics to fill gaps in your knowledge. If you prefer videos our most up to date Canadian training video can be found here.
Watch an overview of AdviserGo, then learn how to launch AdviserGo from our website or from within Voyant Adviser.
- Getting started with AdviserGo - Introductory webinar (video)
- How do I log in to AdviserGo? Logging into AdviserGo
- Turn on inline help or Introduction to learning materials (video)
Concepts, Assumptions and Settings
Take time to learn about the software's concepts and assumptions so that you can better understand the projections shown in the charts. Then learn how you can customise these settings, if required.
- View and manage Plan Settings
- Master list of Plan Settings
- What do the black and blue need lines in the cash flow chart represent?
- Expense Fulfillment and the Liquidation Order - In what order are expenses fulfilled and what funds are used to pay them?
- Is surplus income spent or saved? Saving surplus income (video)
Building a plan
I have a new client case, how do I start to create a client plan in AdviserGo? You can input data into AdviserGo manually, import data from one of our integration partners or you can invite your client to begin building their own plan using VoyantGo (click here to find out more about VoyantGo).
- How to create a new client plan:
- How to add data to a client plan:
- How to add items: How to add items to a client plan
- How do I add a spouse, partner or child? How to add a spouse, partner or child
- What are Events and how do I create them? Events *Adviser Go*
- What are Goals and how do I add them? Goals *Adviser Go*
- How to add income to a plan
- How do I add a one-off inflow such as an inheritance to a plan?
- How do I add an expense to a plan? or Video
- How to add a property/asset or Property and mortgages (video)
- How to add a loan made by your client to a third party
- How to add a Step
- How do I correct mistakes I’ve made? Editing items in Adviser Go
If you want to work on a client plan which has already been set up either by yourself, a colleague or a client, the following article explains how to locate existing client plans in AdviserGo:
Once you have created the base plan (the client's current financial position), consider adding one or more what if plans to show the client the potential outcome of your planning/advice:
- How to add a what-if plan (scenario)
- How to rename what-if plans
- How to delete what-if plans
- What If: Rightsize a property (video)
- What If: Modeling an early retirement (video)
- What If: Modeling an early mortality (video)
Learn more about what Insights are and how they work. See a guide on each insight below:
- Annual Savings or Annual Savings Insight (video)
- Investment Returns
- Retirement Spending or Retirement Spending (video)
- Lump Sum Savings
- Life Needs
- Performance Slider or Performance Insight (video)
- Loss Capacity
- Market Crash or Market Crash Insight (video)
Presentation in AdviserGo
Now you have created the client plan, learn more about how to view the results and how to present them to clients.
- View the results in the Let's See screen
- Present to your client:
AdviserGo is a powerful tool when used live in front of your client, however, you can also use it to produce written reports.
- How do I produce a report? How to generate a report
- Can I produce a report from AdviserGo in Word format? Converting PDF documents to Word
- What is the Financial Summary Report? Financial Summary Report
Next steps / Looking for more
To continue your learning track, we have a dedicated AdviserGo section on our knowledge base with a range of help topics to peruse. This can be accessed from the Support menu on our website or by clicking here.
Some common topics you may find useful are:
- How do I set up a contribution into Savings or Investments from their employment income?
- How to set up regular savings into a retirement plan
- How do I transfer funds between accounts? or Video
- How do I downsize a house? Or Video
- How to schedule Planned Withdrawals
- How to update the start date of a plan
- How to model a Holding Company or Profits and Salaries in a Holding Company (video)
- Entering an Investment Account (video)
- Rental property and new property purchase (video)
If you prefer videos, we have a series of AdviserGo recorded webinars that can be watched here. In addition to webinars covering fundamentals such as creating plans, creating what ifs and using insights, others covered topics including tax efficient decumulation strategies, school fees planning, and market turbulence.
You may also find our Quick Start Guide useful as a summary of the main features and functionality of AdviserGo.